Breast Augmentation in Los Angeles & Bakersfield, CA
Desired beauty Surgical & Medical Center
Breast augmentation is one of the most popular cosmetic surgeries for women. It has been performed for decades and is most commonly used to enhance a woman’s shape or restore her figure after significant changes due to pregnancy, age, or other issues. Breast augmentation is typically performed using saline implants or silicone gel implants, but may also be performed using fat transfer. Dr. Kerendian, our Los Angeles breast augmentation surgeon, can help you decide if a breast augmentation procedure is right for you.
Dr. Kerendian, our expert in breast augmentation in Los Angeles, may determine you are a candidate for a breast augmentation if you:
• Want a more proportionate body
• Want your clothes to fit better
• Want a more youthful-looking figure
• Feel as though your breasts are too small for your body
• Have one breast that is noticeably smaller than the other
• Feel self-conscious in swim suits or form-fitting tops
• Are unhappy with the way age, pregnancy, or weight loss has changed your breasts or body
• Want to restore or create symmetry
• Are healthy and have realistic expectations
At your consultation, Dr. Kerendian, our Los Angeles breast augmentation surgeon, will examine you and ask you about your goals. Your anatomy and personal preferences will play a role in your treatment plan. We will explain our recommendations as we determine the most appropriate implant type, incision location, type of surgery, and breast size for you to reach your goals. Your augmentation can be performed alone or with a lift if you have any sagging or drooping due to age or pregnancy.
After the surgery, you may need to wear a surgical compression garment to help you heal. Drainage tubes may also be placed. You will be provided with detailed aftercare instructions that you will need to follow to reduce the risk of complications. As with any surgery, recovery from breast surgery can bring some discomfort or pain. This should decrease over time and can be treated with pain medication as needed.